The Liberal Democrats are working hard across Gloucestershire to get things done for local residents and deliver quality services.
Gloucestershire is a large mostly rural constituency that incorporates Gloucester, Cheltenham, The Cotswolds, Tewkesbury, Stroud and the Forest of Dean.
There are 14 Liberal Democrat Gloucestershire County Councillors, all of our current Councillors were first elected in 2013 and all were successfully re-elected in May 2017. Our team of Councillors represent some of the most urban parts of Gloucester and Cheltenham to the countryside of the Cotswolds.
Find out who our County Councillors are here.
Within the group seven county councillors have been nominated as spokespersons. Along with the leadership, they will be responsible for challenging and holding to account the administration and Cabinet Members' decisions.
The seven spokespersons and their areas of specialism are are:
- Cllr. Paul Hodgkinson – Leader of the Liberal Democrat Group, Economy, Skills and Growth
- Cllr. Iain Dobie – Deputy Leader of the Liberal Democrat Group, Adult Social Care, Vulnerable Adults, Public Health and Communities
- Cllr. Jeremy Hilton - Finance and Change, Fire & Rescue, Waste
- Cllr. Klara Sudbury – Highways and Flood including maintenance
- Cllr. John Cordwell – Planning and Infrastructure, Trading Standards, Registration Service, Coroners and Road Safety
- Cllr. Suzanne Williams – Early years, School Funding, Adoption and Fostering and Children with Disabilities
- Cllr. David Brown – Fighting Crime including Community Safety and the prevention of crime and disorder
Gloucestershire is divided into six constituencies each with their own local Liberal Democrat party.
Find our about your local party here.